Oak Park Apartments provides tenants with a 24/7 emergency contact service in order to report serious situations. But, there are times when a tenant may ask themselves, “Is this truly an emergency?”
Here is some simple information and guidelines to help determine when you truly have an emergency situation and what your next steps should be.
Emergency situations include:
Call Oak Park Apartments emergency number at 708-406-8644 to report a problem if:
- Your heat has not been on for hours and the temperature in your apartment is less than 70 degrees between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and less than 65 degrees between the hours of 11 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- Boiler FYI – boilers do cycle on and off during the heating season, they are NOT constantly on. When the boiler has cycled off radiators cool down. This is a normal part of the heating system and does not mean that there is no heat.
Central Air Conditioning/Heating Systems Issues
- A few of our properties have central air conditioning/heating systems in the apartment unit. If either of these systems are not working, especially during times of extreme temperatures, excessive heat/cold, and it is AFTER normal business hours please contact OPA’s emergency number and report the issue.
- First, check, change or flip your fuses/breakers.
- Check to see if power is out only in your apartment, the entire building and/or the whole neighborhood – this information can help Com Ed trouble shoot the issue.
- Next, contact Com Ed to report a problem at their residential service number, 1-800-Edison-1. It may take Com Ed some time to respond if there has been a major storm.
Gas Leak/Gas Smell
- First, leave your apartment.
- Next, immediately call Nicor Gas at 1-888-NICOR4U (642-6748).
- Finally, call Oak Park Apartments’s emergency number, 708-406-8644 to report the problem.
Smell Smoke/See Fire
- Call 911 immediately.
- Call Oak Park Apartments’s emergency service number at 708-406-8644 to report the problem.
For non-emergency services (for example: your toilet is not flushing, you have a slow drain, an appliance is on the fritz, or an outlet is not working) call 708-622-9246 during normal business hours (M-F, 9-5) or go online anytime at Oak Park Apartments to log in a maintenance request.
And as always, when dealing with a difficult or emergent situation we understand that it is stressful but please remember that we truly want to provide solutions. Unfortunately there will be times when problems are not within our control or cannot be immediately fixed. During those times we ask for your patience and understanding as we try to solve your issues.