All applicants must have a credit score of at least 650. Additional requirements can be seen on the application.
You can call (833) 896-9936 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We are available for tours on weekdays from 9am to 5pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. After-hours appointments are limited, but may be available by request.
Unless otherwise specified by your agent, all appointments begin at our leasing office. You must also provide your own transportation to the apartments, as our agents cannot drive prospective tenants. Oak Park Apartments reserves the right to not show all vacant or rentable units at our discretion, which would be based on the status of pending applications on various units, stages of repairs and preparation of units for re-rental, etc.
Please inform us well before your visit (more than 48 hours) of which available apartments you would like to see so that we can contact the current tenants, if necessary. Failure to do so will limit the apartments you can see.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please call or email us at least one hour before your scheduled showing.
- Complete an Oak Park Apartments application either in person or online. Everyone over the age of 18 years living in the apartment must fill out a separate application.
- Pay the $50.00 application fee through our online portal.
- Upload your required ID and supporting income documents.
- Make an earnest money payment of $300.00 to ensure that the unit is no longer marketed once the application is approved.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, the unit you apply for online reflects your final decision; we will not change your unit once you have submitted your application unless a significant casualty damages the chosen unit so that it cannot be repaired by the move-in date.
- We will refund your $300 only if your application is declined.
- If the application is accepted, your $300 earnest payment will go toward the security deposit for Oak Park, River Forest and Forest Park apartments (security deposits are 1.5 times the amount of rent) or the non-refundable/move-in document processing fee for Chicago apartments (the move-in fee is $300.00).
- You will then be required to sign a lease within 5 days of acceptance or you will forfeit the $300.00 and the apartment.
- Backing out of a lease will also preclude an applicant from renting another unit from our firm.
- If the application is not accepted, the earnest money will not be pulled.
- Applications typically take 24-48 hours to process through a third-party screening service. Difficulties verifying information may delay the process further. If an applicant does not provide all requested documents, the application can not be approved.
- Our agents do not process your application and have no information as to why an application has been declined.
- You will be contacted as soon as possible to inform you of a decision.
- If you would like to request an available parking space at one of our buildings, please make sure your agent has confirmed availability and the monthly rate.