All occupants over the age of 18 must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a strong credit score. Due to high demand for appointments, prospects with credit scores below 650 will not be able to schedule an appointment at this point. Your credit should be free of collections, judgments and late payments. We do not accept co-signers. Credit must be established except in some cases in which you are moving from a foreign country or are a full-time student. Credit scores below 600 will be automatically declined without review.
- You cannot have a bankruptcy, judgment, eviction, foreclosure, history of late rent payments or short sale.
- You should have a gross monthly income of three times the amount of rent. This is a recommendation and is not applicable in some cases. Insufficient income may be grounds for a declined application. An applicant’s liabilities will also be considered when determining whether an apartment is affordable.
- You must be able to provide income verification. We require a current bank statement (showing enough to cover move-in costs) and another financial document such as a pay stub, award letter, job offer letter (for future employment only), tax return form (for self-employed applicants only), etc. Pay stubs should demonstrate tax withholding by the employer. Self-employed individuals should be able to present their most recent quarterly tax report. In addition, you must demonstrate that you have enough money in your bank account to comfortably cover all move-in costs or that such funds will be available at the time of move-in. The application process will move much faster if you submit these items along with your application. Failure to submit these documents in a timely fashion (maximum 3 days from application) may result in a declined application.
- You must be able to provide residency verification: Name and phone number or other contact information of landlord, management company, leasing agent, etc. Homeowners may submit proof of mortgage payment as verification.
If you meet all of these requirements, we would be happy to schedule a tour to view some of our available apartments. You can call (833) 896-9936 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We are available for tours on weekdays from 9am to 5pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. After-hours appointments are limited, but may be available by request.
Unless otherwise specified by your agent, all appointments begin at our leasing office. You must also provide your own transportation to the apartments, as our agents cannot drive prospective tenants. Oak Park Apartments reserves the right to not show any unit at our discretion.
Please inform us well before your visit (more than 48 hours) of which available apartments you would like to see so that we can contact the current tenants, if necessary. Failure to do so will limit the apartments you can see.
Breaking an appointment without prior notice will result in the loss of your ability to work with us any further.
- Complete an Oak Park Apartments application either in person or online. Everyone living in the apartment over the age of 18 must fill out the application.
- Pay the $50.00 application fee through our online portal.
- Upload documents such as pay statements, bank statements, and your ID.
- Make an earnest money payment of $300.00 to ensure that the unit is no longer marketed once the application is approved.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, the unit you apply for online reflects your final decision; we will not refund your $300 or change your unit once you submit the hold fee and your application has been accepted.
- If the application is accepted, your $300 earnest payment will go toward the security deposit for Oak Park, River Forest and Forest Park apartments (security deposits are 1.5 times the amount of rent) or the move-in fee for Chicago apartments (the move-in fee is $300.00).
- You will then be required to sign a lease within 5 days of acceptance or you will forfeit the $300.00 and the apartment.
- Backing out of a lease will also preclude an applicant from renting another unit.
- If the application is not accepted, the earnest money will not be pulled.
- Applications typically take 24-48 hours to process through a third-party screening service. Difficulties verifying information may delay the process further. If an applicant does not provide all requested documents, the application can not be approved.
- Our agents do not process your application and have no information as to why an application has been declined.
- You will be contacted as soon as possible to inform you of a decision.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, you will be responsible for your own parking. If you would like to request an available parking space at one of our buildings, please make sure your agent has confirmed availability and the monthly rate.