Oak Park’s park district is at it again!
Providing fun and entertainment for all ages all summer long is what our park district does best and this summer is no exception. Free, yes, I said free, movies and concerts will be happening all summer long.
Let’s start with this year’s Movies in The Park series. The OPPD hosts movies once a month rotating the event to 4 different Oak Park parks.
This year’s movie dates and “out of this world” theme includes:
- Lilo & Stitch – Saturday, June 6th, 8:30 @ Field Park, 935 Woodbine Avenue
- Earth to Echo – Saturday, July 7th, 8:30 @ Anderson Park, 824 N. Hayes Avenue
- Batteries Not Included – Saturday, August 8th, 8 pm @ Lindberg Park, 1151 N. Marion Street
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind – Saturday, September 9th, 8 pm @ Carroll Park, 1125 S. Kenilworth Avenue
The Oak Park Park District’s musical concert series is located at Scoville Park, (Lake & Oak Park Avenue) and is held most Sunday evenings at 5:30 pm, throughout June, July and August. Both a variety of local and well know bands are featured as a part of this year’s headliners.
This year’s concert series dates and line up include:
- Bopology: Swing & big band – June 14th
- Out of Favor Boys: Blues – June 21st
- Mickeys: Folk and Americana – June 28th
- Dave Rudolf: Beach music – July 5th
- Saturday June Band: Rock – July 12th
- J & T Band: Country – July 19th
- Replays: Rock – July 26th
- Deep Fried Pickles: Jug Band/Kid Centered Music – August 2nd
- Lowdown Brass Band: Funk – August 9th
So bring snacks and blankets (don’t forget the bug spray) and make sure to head over to Oak Park’s parks and enjoy the show! (And as with anything that is held outside – weather will dictate if the show will go on!)