What many people seem to have in common about New Year’s resolutions is not keeping their New Year’s resolutions!
OakParkApartments.com realizes that people have good intentions about this yearly resolution ritual but as folks get back into the post-holiday hustle and bustle of daily life those resolutions tend to get put on a back burner, forgotten for yet another year!
Some simple ways to help you stick to this year’s resolutions are:
- Keep ’em simple. Set small goals that are more easily attainable so you actually have a successful resolution experience.
- Make a list. By writing down your goals and posting them where they can be seen will help to keep those resolutions in sight, literally.
- Have a plan. Goals are great but how you go about getting there is even more important. Set some realistic steps that will help you reach your organization, fitness or other self-improvement objectives.
- Rewards. We all like to have a carrot to help motivate us towards success so build in some incentives into your plan to help keep the drive alive.
- Celebrate. When you reach your goal it is cause to celebrate – whether patting your self on the back or twittering about that success to the world – it is good to acknowledge your accomplishments!