Oak Park Apartments wants to make sure that your furry friends stay safe and healthy throughout the holiday season.
With these few simple tips you can ensure that Fido & Fluffy have the best holiday ever!
- Beware, many holiday plants are poisonous. Mistletoe, holly, poinsettia and even many lilies are not safe for pets if eaten. The results of your pet ingesting these holiday favorites can include vomiting, organ failure and even death. So play it safe by either choosing artificial or doing your research before you decorate with holiday plants.
- No chocolate or holiday treats for your four legged friends. Basically, human foods are a no-no for animal digestive systems unless you want to incur some costly trips to the vet.
- Secure you tree. Those dangling, shiny ornaments are just too tempting for any self respecting dog or cat to resist. No one wants an injured pet or a major mess to clean up and the surest way to avoid a tree “cat-astrophe” are a few preventive measures.
- Drinking water from the tree stand could make your pet sick. Wrap the tree skirt tightly around the tree and make sure your pet has plenty of clean drinking water available so as not to be tempted.
- Avoid tinsel. Pets cannot resist munching on the glittery stuff and once eaten it can cause havoc in a pets digestive tract and worst case, might require surgical removal.
- No candles. Cats especially like the warmth a candle gives off but your kitty my burn itself or accidentally knock over and cause a fire in your home. That’s certainly not a holiday present that anyone would want on their list!
With these few safety tips you and your pet can enjoy a wonderful and safe holiday season!