Current Tenants
(708) 622-9246

Prospective Tenants
Call or Text: (833) 896-9936

OPA 9-1-1: To Call Or Not To Call… That Is The Question.

blog pic is pleased to be able to provide tenants with 24/7 emergency services.  But before you pick up the phone to call in an emergency OPA would like to provide you with some information so you can better determine what is and isn’t considered a serious emergency.

You should immediately call 9-1-1 when there is a serious emergency in your apartment or the building itself that puts resident lives at risk. Once 9-1-1 has been notified and you are safe please contact OPA’s management.

Less serious service emergencies can be handled by calling service department directly to report an issue.  The number to call for emergencies during regular office hours is 708-622-9246 and for non-office hours is 708-237-6952.

Reasons to call:

No heat: This is an emergency during extremely cold weather in the winter time, when the heat is not working due to mechanical malfunction.

If your gas is shut off for non-payment of your bill, contact your gas provider.

Blog picA plumbing leak/drain stoppage/flooding:  Call immediately if there is risk of damage to possessions or the property and you cannot contain the leak. Turn off the water valves.  Do everything within your power to contain any leaking or flooding and, if necessary, contact other residents who may be affected by the leak. Otherwise, please submit a service request during regular business hours.

No running water/hot water: Please contact directly if you are experiencing either issue.

Blown fuse: Most tenants should have access their breakers. Some breakers are in restricted areas that require the assistance of our maintenance staff. All tenants should be aware of where their breakers are prior to any emergency

No electricity: Electrical outages may be considered an emergency if there is no electricity throughout the unit and you have contacted ComED at 1-800-334-7661 to check if there are outages in your area.

Partial outages do not constitute an emergency. If a wall switch or outlet begins to smoke or smell like it is burning, turn off the switch or unplug items from the outlet and turn off the circuit breaker or remove the fuse, then report the problem during normal business hours.

If your electric is shut off for non-payment of your bill, contact your electric provider.

blogFire: Call 9-1-1 immediately then call us. Alert other residents if personal safety allows.

An odor of gas: First contact either Peoples Gas at 1-866-556-6001 or Nicor Gas at 1-888-642-6748 from a phone not inside your apartment. Natural gas has a rotten eggs odor.  Alert other residents if personal safety allows.

Location Icon

35 Chicago Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302

Search Apartments Property Search Icon