On Saturday, May 21st the Oak Park Public Works Center will be hosting the 2011 Earth Fest. Earth Fest 2011, is a gathering of eco-friendly vendors, groups, children’s activities and live entertainment, and is set for 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Oak Park Public Works Center, 201 South Blvd.
More than 40 vendors have already signed-on for the event. Some of the day’s scheduled highlights include:
- “Speed dating” with green building professionals — round robin with a builder, architect, and energy auditor
- Urban chicken farming
- Adoptable animals from the Oak Park Animal Care League
- Wellness screenings
- Eco-themed children’s books
- Bike sales and service from Dan’s Bike Shop
- A green limousine service
- Solar energy contractors
- Landscape information from Morton Arboretum
- Wind turbines
- Garden designers
Mark your calendar so you don’t miss the fun and an opportunity to get greener!