By asking yourself a few of the key questions below you can start the process of deciding whether you should stay or start packing your bags.
- Has my rent increased?
- Does the rent increase seem reasonable? (Some rental companies are raising rents by 12% in light of a high demand and rising costs associated with owning and operating rental units so do some research and know what rent increases are going for in your area.)
- What are other local apartments renting for?
- Are those apartments/services comparable to your present apartment?
- How much will moving cost?
- Does it make sense, financially, to move? (Take time to do the math – moving costs money so saving $50 a month may sound good initially but if the cost plus your time and efforts don’t equal out then it may not make “cents” to move.)
OakParkApartments.com provides tenants 50 – 60 days written notification when a lease needs to be renewed and require a response no later than 30 days before the term of the lease ends in order for your lease to be renewed. If you decide not to renew but want to move to another OPA.com property then a written notification is required.