Apartment decor can be pretty bland simply because we, as a property management company, need to appeal to a broad base of customers. So painting walls is not about personal style but about not turning off potential tenants with vivid paint color choices.
So how can you, the tenant, add that pop of color to a bland sea of beige?
Here are some easy and affordable ways to introduce color into your home:
- Paint a focal piece of furniture a vibrant color you love.
- Add fun kitchen utensils to brighten up your kitchen countertop.
- DIY your own glass vases in bold paint hues to display throughout your place.
- Removable wallpaper. Pick a wall and have some fun.
- Use white furniture or comforters as a base then layer color. Pillows, blankets, curtains, art, accessories and rugs – also very easy to switch “looks” when you’re ready for a change.
- Flowers. A great way to bring color and a little bit of the outdoors in!
- Two brightly colored chairs in a favorite color can do the trick.
- Go bold with your shower curtain to add that visual splash.
- Art – play up color in the art you choose – then coordinate the colors of rug, accessories, etc.
- Make your own art by covering large panels of foam core in fabric or wallpaper and then hang or just lean them up against the wall. Instant wow.